A You can expect a professional, caring and safe environment at Big Childcare programs. Our educators are friendly and love working with children by getting to know each child individually. All our educators have Working With Children Checks and relevant industry qualifications. We have first aid qualified staff on hand at every centre. We value our relationships with families, children and the school and like to help out with school events wherever we can.
A Our activities are based on the current framework for primary aged children called ‘My Time, Our Place’ which encourages our managers to plan experiences around the individual needs and interests of each child. Our activities involve craft, cooking, sport activities, indoor/outdoor play, community engaged visits and much more. We strive to develop the social and emotional capacity and lifelong skills in children, that will give them an advantage amongst their peers.
A Breakfast will be provided for children who arrive before 8.00am. We have a variety of cereals, breads and spreads on offer as well as special mornings, featuring pancakes, eggs etc. In our After School Care program, we base our food choices on the nutritional needs of the children, as well as their individual medical conditions (allergies) and likes/dislikes. Children get to have a big say as to what’s on the menu planner!
– All staff, children and visitors are advised to wash their hands regularly with soap for at least 20 seconds, every 30 minutes.
– We have increased cleaning and sanitisation at all our services especially high-touch areas like door handles, light switches etc.
– We have sourced additional hand sanitisers, face masks and hygiene supplies for all our services.
– We have implemented training to increase awareness and vigilance from staff
– We have actively been teaching children about physical distancing measures which includes our ‘Do the Plane’ routine.
A Big Childcare invoice in arrears from the bank account nominated by the family, using Debitsuccess. Statements are sent on a weekly basis prior to direct debit the following week.
– There is a once off charge for initial direct debit charged by Quikpay known as an Admin Fee of $2.20
– For direct debits, a dishonour fee is charged if a payment is declined. This is charged by Debitsuccess, not Big Childcare at $14.95.
– There is a surcharge fee per transaction per bank account of $0.88
– There are surcharge fees for Visa/Mastercard transactions at 2.35%, per transaction.
A Yes we do, to cover the additional costs related to staffing. We charge $15 per fifteen minutes or part thereof if you collect your child after our closing time.
A A cancellation/notification of absence made with more than 48 hours’ notice, will not incur the session fee. Notification of an absence made with less than 48 hours’ notice, will not incur the session fee, if a medical certificate is provided. All other cancellations with notification of an absence made with less than 48 hours’ notice, will incur the session fee.
Holiday Care booking payments cannot be refunded.
Still have more questions? Get in touch and our support team will be there to assist you.