Big Childcare Spaceship

How Much Will I Pay For Care?

If you meet certain criteria, it could mean that your Out of Pocket expenses (what you actually pay) for Before School, After School or Holiday Care could be even more affordable than you think. All you need to do is confirm your Child Care Subsidy (CCS) percentage based on your family’s combined income. If you are entitled, your CCS is paid directly to Big Childcare reducing your Out of Pocket expense for care.

What Is Childcare Subsidy?

The government offers financial assistance to families who require child care known as the Child Care Subsidy (CCS). 

Three things will determine a family’s level of CCS available: 

  1. Combined family income 
  2.   Activity level of parents 
  3.   Type of child care service 

Some basic requirements must be satisfied for an individual to be eligible to receive CCS for a child. These include: 

– the age of the child (must be 13 years or under and not attending secondary school)

– the child meeting immunisation requirements 

– the individual, or their partner, meeting residency requirements. 

You can estimate what your subsidy might be by using the online estimator

Important to Note

All families are encouraged to set up a MyGov account as this is an avenue used to confirm all bookings/enrolments into the OSHC service. Once your enrolment has been processed by our staff you will be asked to log into your MyGov account (Centrelink section) to confirm your CCS enrolment with Big Childcare. If you are entitled, CCS is paid directly to services – in your case Big Childcare.

I'd Like To Enrol My Child.

Enrolling your child at our service is easy and stress-free. Please see the options and steps below.

OPTION 1 – Online Electronic Enrolment

This is the quickest and easiest way to enrol for Big Childcare.

  1. Go to our Enrol page
  2. For NEW families to XAP , click on the Crete XAP Account button. You will then be taken through the process.
  1. Once you have completed and submitted your enrolment form via the XAP portal you will be able to make bookings. If you have requested permanent bookings, we will come back to you within 48 hours and advise if we have a spot. We will then ask you to accept the offer.
  2. Whether you are a new or existing family, it is really important to submit your child’s immunisation forms and any medical management plans or court orders. This completes the enrolment and is required by the Australian Government. Without it, you will not be able to book your child into our program. This can be done by scanning and submitting a copy online as an attachment to your enrolment, or by handing a copy to your Centre Manager. Before attendance can begin, any required medication must be handed into the Centre Manager. 

OPTION 2 – Traditional Paper Enrolment Form

Paper enrolment forms are available from our centres and need to be filled out completely (along with providing Big Childcare with a copy of your child/ren’s immunisation details) to have a valid enrolment.  

If you have any questions, please speak to our educators based at your school, check out their contact details here.

I'd like to enrol my child

It's simple!